The peak of summer!
Special low rates in late August
Warm water and summer weather continues in September!
Smith Mountain Lake Home Tour - Dates to be announced
Come and enjoy the autumn colors
A quiet winter retreat
Our rates vary with the season, the length of your stay and whether or not you plan to bring your own linens. The properties are cleaned between rentals. Hot tubs are serviced between rentals and mid-week for weekly rentals. To cover these expenses, there is a housekeeping fee.
|Main House||Cedar Cabin||Cabin 1||Cabin 2|
|Low||January 1, 2016 to
May 26,, 2016
|Med||May 27, 2016 to
June 24, 2016
|Hi||June 25, 2016 to
August 19, 2016
August 20, 2016 to September 4,, 2016
|Low||September 5, 2016 to
December 31,, 2016
|Refundable Damage Deposit||350||250||200||200|
Linen Fee (optional)
Taxes (State + Local)
Please call (434) 953-6747 to make a reservation. While we try to keep the availability calendar up-to-date, it is best to call to make sure the property is available and to lock-in your reservation.
At the time of your reservation, we require a 50% reservation deposit to hold the property. The balance is due 60 days prior to your arrival date. If you make the reservation less than 60 days prior to the arrival date, the full amount is due. A fully refundable damage deposit is also required 30 days before your arrival. This covers accidental damage to the property, items inadvertently taken from the property, leaving trash in the property or extra cleaning required if the property is it left particularly dirty. The amount withheld is summarized on the Policies page. 98% of our guests leave the property in the same condition that they found it. There is nothing that makes us happier than fully refunding the damage deposit! You will be informed of any problems within a week of your departure. If there are no problems the damage deposits will be returned within 30 days of your departure. If there are problems, any remaining deposit will be returned within 30 days of the problem being resolved.
There is a 60 day cancellation policy. If you cancel more than 60 days prior to your arrival date, all deposits will be returned. If you cancel less than 60 days before your arrival date, only the damage deposit (if already paid) will be refunded. If we are able to resell the dates reserved, we will send you a refund less a $100 cancellation fee and any last minute discount we may offer to fill the property. Please let us know immediately if you need to cancel, as it will increase the probablility that the property will get re-rented.
While we can't predict every type of damage or inadvertent removal of items, below is a summary of the amount charged against your damage deposit in the unlikely event that any of these occur. Note: Since 1993, when Silver Bay View Cottages began operations, we experienced losses due to abuse or theft only a few times. Our hope is that a damage deposit will discourage such abuses and that every guest will receive their damage desposit back in full. You will be notified immediately if we discover any problems. Damage deposits (or a portion thereof) will be refunded within 30 days of your departure or completion of repairs, whichever comes later.
Minimum Service Charge: In the event of any damage, loss or excessive cleaning required, your account will be charged a service charge of $50 plus the cost to repair/replace or clean.
Trash Removal: All bags of trash must be taken to the dump (see directions provided on welcome sheet or on the Checking Out page). $10 will be charged to your account for each bag left behind. Unbagged trash will incur additional cleaning charges.
Grill: Incoming guests appreciate the courtesy of a clean grill grate/cooking surface. Grates left dirty will result in a $20.00 charge. Our housekeeper will dispose of charcoal ashes. Please do not throw ashes off the deck!
TV/Dish/DVD system: Please leave TV/Dish System/DVD’s arranged and connected as you found them! If a TV installer is required to reconnect the systems, $30 will be charged to your account.
Furniture: Please leave furniture arranged you found them. If we need to move the furniture back to their original position, your account will be charged a minimum of $30.
Pillows: If you bring your own pillows, please don’t take ours as well when you leave! If pillows are removed, your account will be charged $50 per pillow.
Hair of the dog: Dogs are NOT allowed on furniture or beds. If dog hair is found on furniture or bedding, you will be charged a minimum of $50 for cleaning, repair or replacement. The use of your own blankets to protect furniture is acceptable. To avoid cleaning fees for excessive dog hair on floors, we recommend that you vacuum before leaving. Extra cleaning fees are charged based on the time required.
Hot Tubs: Minimum charge for repair of hot tubs is $125. This includes damage to or removal of jets, cover, filters or other equipment. Excess charges will be applied if special cleaning is required to remove pollutants from the water.
Smoking: Smoking is not allowed inside any properties and will result with immediate eviction and loss of the entire damage deposit. Smoking on decks is allowed, but please keep doors and windows closed to ensure that smoke does not enter the properties.
Property availability: In the event that damage or cleaning requires the delayed entry of incoming guests or a cancellation, you will be charged $20 per hour of delay, up to the full cost of the rental if cancellation is required.
Credit for delayed entry: In the unlikely event that a prior guest has left the property damaged or excessively dirty, we may need to ask you wait until we have completed repairs/cleaning. You may, however, use the deck and dock while you are waiting. In the event that this should occur, you will be refunded $20 per hour for your patience.
1. AGREEMENT OF RULES: Guests agree to abide by all rules and regulations contained herein related to the Rental Property. Guests obligations include but are not limited to keeping the premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the premises permit and causing no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common area and remainder of the premises that Guest use. No parties/kegs, excessive speeding through neighborhoods, riding of ATVs or Off Road Motorcycles/Dirt Bikes, excessive noise and/or obnoxious behavior, discharging of Firearms, or Fireworks. Guests agree not to use the premises for any commercial activities or purpose that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation. No illegal drugs/use shall be permitted at Rental Property. Any breach of these duties by a Guest shall be considered material and shall result in the termination of guest occupancy with no refund of any kind.
2. CANCELLATION: In the event a Guest wishes to terminate this agreement, a full refund is provided if the cancellation is made more than 60 days in advance of the arrival date. If cancellation is within 60 days of the arrival date, 100% of the total rental amount shall be forfeited.
3. BALANCE PAYMENTS: Reservations are confirmed upon receiving 50% of the rental amount. The balance must be paid 60 days prior to arrival, or this Agreement may be canceled at the sole option of SBVC.
4. METHOD OF PAYMENT: It is preferred that Deposits and rental payments be paid by credit card through HomeAway.com. Personal checks may be accepted if reservations and payments are made well in advance of the arrival date.
5. OCCUPANCY: In no event shall more persons than the capacity of the property as stated on the web site, occupy the Rental Property without prior approval by SBVC. No fraternities, school, civic, house/keg parties or other non-family groups are allowed unless Owner grants prior approval. In no event shall Guests assign or sublet the Rental Property in whole or in part. Violations of these rules are grounds for expedited eviction with no refund of any kind. Guests hereby acknowledge and grant specific permission to SBVC to enter premises at any time for inspection purposes should SBVC reasonably believe that Guests are causing or have caused any damage to Rental Property. Guest further agrees to grant SBVC access to Rental Property for purposes of maintenance and repair.
6. PETS: Guest agrees to have not more than two house broken dogs without the express prior approval of SBVC. Guest are responsible for cleaning the area immediately around Rental Property and common areas of all pet excretions. This restriction does not apply in the surrounding woods or areas where there is no pedestrian or vehicle traffic. Any material damage done by pet to the Rental Property will be the responsibility of the Guests and shall be paid immediately upon written notification by SBVC. Any soiled areas/excessive pet hair in the rental property will require a $100.00 pet cleaning fee. Guest agrees to pay this fee if billed by SBVC. Prior to billing you will be notified via email along with pictures.
7. NO SMOKING: Smoking is not allowed in any property. Smoking is allowed on decks, as long as doors/windows are kept closed to keep smoke from entering the property. Violations of these rules are grounds for expedited eviction with no refund of any kind. In addition, all damage deposits will be forfeited.
8. DAMAGE DEPOSIT: A damage deposit is collected for each property rented. Damage deposits (or a portion thereof) will be refunded within 30 days of your departure or completion of repairs, whichever comes later. (See Damage Deposit Refund Policies above)
9. LEFT ITEMS: A $20.00 fee, plus shipping cost, applies to any lost items that SBVC is requested to return to Guests. Items found and not claimed within 30 days will be disposed of at the discretion of SBVC.
10. HOT TUBS: If a hot tub is provided at the Rental Property, it will be prepared and tested for proper and safe chemicals prior to or on the day of occupancy. Before using the hot tub, check the posted water testing/inspection/maintenance schedule to ensure that the water has been tested within a few days of your arrival. If in doubt, call SBVC before using the hot tub. Misuse of the hot tub by the spilling of foreign substances, i.e. Soaps, alcohol/beverages, oils, glass or metal will result in a minimum service charge of $125 plus any additional fees such as: filter replacements, jets, parts, etc. Under no circumstances are pets allowed in hot tubs. Violation of this provision shall be grounds for expedited eviction. Guest agrees not to hold SBVC responsible for any illness or injury caused by the use of a hot tub. Hot tub rules are posted at each property and must be adhered to.
11. HOT TUB SAFETY AND REGULATIONS: If a hot tub in provided at the Rental Property, Guests agree to following safety regulations and have read and understand the risks associated with the use of hot tubs.
A. Please remember there are certain health risks that are associated with using a hot tub. Use of hot tub carries risk that may result in serious injury or death, and unsupervised use by children is prohibited. Elderly persons, expecting mothers, infants and anyone subject to heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, strokes, epilepsy or similar afflictions should not enter a spa alone and without consulting their physician. Never use a spa while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If you are taking medication of any kind, or being treated for any illness, consult your physician prior to use of spa. Spa should be kept at a temperature less than 104̊ for personal safety. SOME PEOPLE HAVE ADVERSE REACTIONS to spa chemicals (including sanitizing chemicals such as chlorine and bromine) and/or high water temperatures. Discontinue use of the spa if you experience any adverse reaction.
B. Hot Tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS, they will break and you may be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the Hot Tub, leave the cover on so the hot tub will stay warm and debris will stay out. Also, the cover must remain closed and strapped down when not in use for the chemicals to work properly.
C. Please shower before using the hot tub as body lotions/etc. mixed with the hot tub chemicals can cause a rash on your skin. Also shower after using the hot tub.
D. No children under the age of 12 are allowed in the hot tub. Children under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Straps have simple locks that may be secured with a screwdriver to keep children from accessing the spa. (a set of screwdrivers may be found in a kitchen drawer).
E. Persons with open sores or any type of infection should not use the spa.
F. No glass containers allowed around the hot tub. Please use the plastic glasses that are provided for this purpose. Report any broken glass, spilled bodily fluids (i.e. blood), or alcoholic spills that may occur during your use. If there is broken glass or spill, do not use the hot tub until it has been inspected/cleaned and declared safe for use.
G. LIMIT YOUR SOAK TIME to no more than 15 to 20 minutes at a time. Cool off then re-enter if you like. Soak times should be shorter with higher temperatures.
H. USE HOT TUBS AT YOUR OWN RISK
12. ERRORS AND OMISSIONS: We have put forth every effort to insure that the information on www.silverbayview.com is accurate. However, we cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions on our web pages, bed arrangements and equipment, or changes in prices. Tenants understand that the functionality of amenities managed by homeowners associations are out of the control of SBVC. Rates subject to change without notice.
13. MAINTENANCE AND HOUSEKEEPING: If upon check-in or during your stay you experience any maintenance or housekeeping issues, please call SBVC as soon as possible so that we may have the opportunity to correct any issues. We cannot properly address issues if you wait to report them after you have checked out. We do not consider refunds based on complaints/issues that are not reported upon check in or early during the stay. Check-in and check-out instructions are provided on our web site. Please follow all checkout instructions. You will be assessed an extra $100.00 if trash is left in the property or it is excessively dirty. All SBVC properties use private wells that may experience low pressure if the water filters are clogged. Please let us know immediately if you observe low water pressure and we will replace the filters.
14. GRILLS: Grates left dirty will result in a $20.00 charge. Do not dump ashes from charcoal grills into the woods or on the ground. Our housekeeper will dispose of charcoal ashes after you leave.
Persons making reservations must over the age of 18 (and assume responsibility for those in their charge under the age of 18.) and assume all legal responsibility for bodily injury to themselves or to any person on the property as a result of their visit and use, operation or possession of equipment. Any reservations made under false pretenses will result in loss of advance payments and possible removal of guest from rental unit.